VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently trying to negotiate a new 2011 Golf TDI. Not having much luck. Dealerships in Houston are horrible. Not giving up yet :)

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome! I don't know if you saw the 2010-12 buying guide but if you want ala carte options, the 2011 is the way to go. However, the production run is ending very soon... For 2012 they are adding HD radio, LED daytime running lights if you get the HID headlights, and putting options into packages.

Having said that, despite the problems with dealerships, the mk6 Golf is a very refined platform. It's a little car but it's got a high design quality and things that you can't get on the other class cars like acoustic glass.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
42 Posts
Though I am new to the forum and only have 1,500 miles on my 2011 Golf, I second the moderator's message. A great car. I keep discovering small nuances that I didn't know about even after reading the 350+ page owner's manual from cover to cover. The Bluetooth is just wonderful with my iPhone. I got mine for $100 under invoice, and was offered $300 under by another dealer, but the first had the car and I though the price was fair. If you don't already have a loan, I would start by getting preapproved, and arming yourself with the dealer cost and telling the dealer what you are willing to pay. The problem now as admin stated is supplies are starting to run short, but there are plenty Golfs available on the east coast, US. John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts