VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to at least know what happened since it's way harder than a simple bump in the parking lot. There was no note. Unless someone had a hitch or bumper guard, I think they hit it at just the right angle to crack the trim. At least the gaps are all the same so it should be a simple removal and replacement of the bumper.

Oh well, once it warms up there'll be a writeup on how to remove the bumper skin. I'll try to find a used one that is the same color. The wagon might be the same as the sedan but I don't know until I check the parts catalog. If I can get away with just replacing that corner chrome and body colored strip I will.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Some people are just complete barstewards, I don't know how they can just take off. I hit a merc once when I was parking but left a note with my details etc, I mean that's what insurance is for isn't it? The owner was so greatful:confused: I hit their car and they were greatful. I did however see a guy drive past a car (with a driver in it), scrape all up the side, then just keep going without even a blink! WTF! Couldn't believe it.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The taillight is scratched too but it's not worth replacing.

When I was at school, I saw a car back up broadsides into another car, denting the entire side of the car. They went to drive off but a bystander stood there with their arms out. There were about 30 other people who witnessed it too. I think they just panicked and wanted to get out of there.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
The sedan uses a full bumper length insert on the rear while the wagon only has it on the two sides.

I had the same thing happen only to a lesser degree while some construction was taking place in our parking lot and spaces were at a premium. Two days in a row, two different people rubbed the front driver side bumper. One was a blue car and the second was a red. Luckily I was able to buff the paint off but the red car actually creased the chrome strip and insert.

Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 05 Passat wagon has a broken passenger side tail light lens. I have a oem replacement lens and tried to replace it today, but couldn't get to the fasteners through the little removable access panel in the cargo area. Will I need to remove the inner cargo area panel to replace the lens? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thank you,
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts