VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so In the last 3 months my HPFL has been giving me problems, it first blew out at the high pressure pump, I put a new line on it. After about 2-3 months of driving it, it went again but this time it blew at the inside of the 90 that runs into the fuel rail. It’s a little pin hole. Did I just get a bad line or is something else causing this line to go? 2012 golf tdi

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Forum Rules and Guidelines

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company last year that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes which they refuse to install. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

Add your car specs to your signature that will show on every post you make.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
VW 2.0L TDI engine fuel line recall in Oct-Nov 2011

There was a fuel line recall during late 2011 to replace the fuel lines and/or install dampers on all the unaffected engines. The fuel injectors induced a harmonic in the fuel lines which weakened the metal. In a few cases, the lines split or leaked. As a result, all lines were replaced or had dampers installed to change the vibration of the metal. Here is what it should look like if the recall was done. All later cars had these installed from the factory. If you remove these, the fuel lines may weaken and leak over time.
vw jetta tdi fuel line vw jetta tdi fuel line

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it's not only bad luck, I would try to find a way to test the fuel pressure regulator valve N276 or see if the fuel return lines from the fuel rail/injectors to the fuel filter is clogged or something. Any maintenance done prior to first occurance?
Make sure you have the right fuel filter installed as there is 2 different kind depending on housing version. Not sure what that would do but you never know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts