VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is just an intro post really...

I joined the forum an while go but only started using in more in the past few weeks. There's probably a few other members out there from my part of the world... New Zealand... if you've never heard of it before try searching for it on Google, you'll be surpised what you find!

I own two TDIs, a 2006 2.0TDI and a 2007 V6 2.5 TDI. Neither of them have a VW or Audi badge on them, they are Skoda's and if you live in the USA you may have never heard of the name before, they are a VAG owned subsidiary in Czechoslovakia.

I am a VW nut from way back in 1973 when I bought my first beetle. Since then, if you include the Skodas) I've owned 14 of them over the years with my first "oil burner" being a 1988 VW Golf 1.6 diesel.

I'm having and "overboost" issue on the 2.0 TDI at the moment hence the more recent interest and have been mighty impressed with all the infomation on the forum about it. I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find an answer to so I hope to post another thread about that in the next day or two...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ah, the pesky limp mode... troubleshooting them is the same as the VW or Audi TDI. We never had the 2.5L TDI engine though.welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi there, welcometomyturbodies

I've got a couple of mates local to me from New Zealand and don't worry about the Skoda thing we're not all from the states, mine's a Seat. What's your engine code? It's usually on top of the timing belt cover.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, the pesky limp mode... troubleshooting them is the same as the VW or Audi TDI. We never had the 2.5L TDI engine though.welcometomyturbodies
Yes the pesky limp mode, happens only occasionally usually just after you have overtaken another car and ease off . I get the "16618 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Limit Exceeded" fault ( I have a full VAG COM with VCDS software). I've tried a few things. including the "Itatalian Tune" but the problem is still with me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there, welcometomyturbodies

I've got a couple of mates local to me from New Zealand and don't worry about the Skoda thing we're not all from the states, mine's a Seat. What's your engine code? It's usually on top of the timing belt cover.:)
Thanks,
Yes i imagine there are members from all over the world. My Engine is the 1968cc, not sure of the engine code does 03G sound about right? I can't see the timing cover too much plastic in the way.... I have a VAG COM , its quoting an engine label of 03G-906-016-BKD.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts