VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to the forum and need to bypass or disable my immobilizer in my 2006 Jetta TDI. I live in Colorado and it is cold here; I want a remote start. I don't care about the immobilizer at all and would prefer to disable. I wanted to view the resources to disable the chip key but I am required ti ask first.
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi,welcometomyturbodies. Good luck on that one, I dont think it's possible as far as I'm aware but willing to be corrected.:)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
You CAN do remote start but you have to find a remote start box that has a booster box for immobilizer equipped systems. Talk to any remote starter install shop and they can point you in the right direction or sell you something. To disable the system for use with remote start you would have to have the ECU reflashed for it.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
What do people use remote starting for? Bank jobs?:D
I just get my wife to start the car while I point at it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
What do people use remote starting for? Bank jobs?:D
I just get my wife to start the car while I point at it.
The fastest way to warm up the car is to drive. But it's just too cold sometimes and idling for a few minutes lessens the time you have to freeze your butt off and squint through the frozen windshield. The diesel engine doesn't help.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I don't know, the shivering helps no end and you can just put on some music so people think you're just dancing lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's more money but have you considered a hydronic heater? No need to idle your vehicle and they are typically set up (in Europe) to heat the interior as well as the engine. And you will be one step ahead when they ban idling your vehicle. And a European style remote gives you feedback on the heater operation and even the interior temperature in your car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts