VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I just picked up a 2001 Jetta TDI Black on black leather, all stock....for now. It has 362,000 on the clock and was a one owner car, I bought the car off the guys mechanic, so it has been well taken care of. This is my 3rd Jetta, my first a 93 TD was taken out when I was hit head on with a snowplow...ouch. It's replacement was a 2003 TDI, that was chipped, nozzled, and some other tweaks. I had that for 3 years and when my family got bigger my car did too, it grew into a 2003 Ford F250 6.0 Power Stroke. Well I soon grew tried of fixing the damn ford, man that engine was brutal for leaking oil, it came out as fast as I could put it in. So then I came back to the VW/Audi fold and bought a 93 Audi UrS4. I still have 2, one parts and the other I just sold to buy the TDI. Just waiting for buddy to pick it up, maybe if the damn snow would stop falling I'd be able to see where I parked it :p.

James.

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Glad to hear you survived the head on with the 93. Great list of cars, I've always like the S4.

Thanks for the intro, that is quite high mileage. Still original suspension?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hey chittychittybangbang...lol, great user name. Thanks for the welcome, as far as I know the suspension has been done once. But the rear bushings are on the way out, I have the notorious rear clunk, so neoprene will be going in. When I got the car home after a spirited ride home I noticed a low end knock, enough to shake the motor....Oh here we go again..good thing I like these cars.

Oh this is what was left after the meeting with the plow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts