VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Passat wagon. We bought it in 2011 for my wife to drive. It’s got about 360,000km on it now and the transmission has let go. She gets a new car so the Passat is mine to play with. Beginning in August it gets a used transmission, balance shaft module delete and some maintenance and then I want to do some upgrades. I’m a licensed technician but I haven’t had much opportunity to modify anything. I’m excited to benefit from those of you who have.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
welcometomyturbodies

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

Any problems search TDI Wiki as that covers write ups and forum posts.

You can remove Volkswagen from your car spec as it takes up a lot of room as we know who makes the Passat.

Which 2011 model did you buy for your wife add that to your car spec, which transmission type is fitted manual or auto? Post the transmission/gearbox code of the data sticker.

Data Sticker/Options Sticker and Engine Codes

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information.

We bought the 2004 Passat in 2011. When the transmission let go on the Passat a few months ago I bought her a 2019 Corolla Hatchback, figured no one would be interested in that. Giving her something I don’t have to spend any time on free’s me up to work on my stuff. Besides the Passat I have a 1986 Transporter and a 2002 Cabrio. I’ll be busy for a few years.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
We still need to know which transmission type it is manual or auto?

e.g.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2003-05/2005, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Passat 1.9 TDI, Transmission Code: GGB, Transmission Type: 5S, Remarks: 012/01W Gearbox
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 05/2002-05/2005, Model: Passat/Variant/4Motion, Transmission Code: EZY, Transmission Type: 5A, Remarks: 01V Gearbox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts