VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, the names Jimmy and i hail from the UK in a little place called Norwich. I drive a VW Caravelle which i have converted to a camper and converted from a TD to a full TDI (AHU motor). Look forward to talking to some of you on here and hopefully being of some help to others :nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2:

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi Jimmy, welcometomyturbodies. I had a 1975 vw camper, always thought it would be good with a tdi in it as the air cooled 1.6 was a tad greedy and it was flippin freezin in the winter lol.

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

I had a 1968 VW camper and it has a belting heater because it takes heat directly of the exhaust pipe heat exchanger. It is a large space to heat up though. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
Yes in winter. Don't forget the speed of the cooling fan determines how much hot air enters the cab, just keep the engine reving which produces more heat in the exhaust and increases the air flow. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps, mines a t4 but I have seen t3's tdi converted before. It's not so easy to do though as parts need to be fabricated with the engine in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts