VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick Hi!
Stunning site, I must really congratulate and thank all who have worked pulling it together.
It's what makes running VWs easier for the long haul.
A couple of years ago the wife had a Citroen Xsara HDI, french equiv of Golf, at 175000 miles I hate to say it was just as good as my 2000 175000m Golf, but when you needed help you were on your own or going to the dealers. Probably why it cost half what a VW would have!

Current problem: turbo is not predictable whether it's going to blow. Does not switch off (like MAF), just some days it goes like a train, sometimes when you accelarate there b-all there, perhaps coming in after 5-10secs. (though this seems like forever when you need the power). Often, once it does come in you're ok for the trip, othertimes it's slow coming in again and again. And it's getting worse.
Logic suggests coked up VNT vanes, but its a lot of spannering to prove. The VNT actuator seems to have 6-8mm travel when leaned on with steel bar. Any suggestions anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
With the actuator disconnected from the turbo the lever part on the turbo should move just over an inch freely. Also worth checking the vacuum lines and boost pipes, just use the faq for the 99-2004 jetta or golf 98-2003, they have the ALH engine and pretty much the same setup.:)

welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts