VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im simon from the uk.
ive got a 1.9d mk3 golf estate with i think is an AZZ engine(with turbo).
im looking in to modding her because she just drives so well and has never failed me (execpt the battery) bargain at 500 quid too with 21 service book stamps and history:D
looking forward to sharing my project with you all and hope you can answer any questions im sure to have:bowdown

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Yeh but people up the poke on peugot td's with good success so it should be similar or am I way off in the wrong direction lol. Is the aaz a manual job with no ecu?:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh but people up the poke on peugot td's with good success so it should be similar or am I way off in the wrong direction lol. Is the aaz a manual job with no ecu?:)
alrite mate yeah did alot of digging around today and yes it seems to have a very basic engine control unit (for just glow plugs apparently) a manually driven pump and the ldl boost pin (non eco):D
so gonna get dirty this w/end and av a play with a few things

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I would have a good google around for info on tweaking that engine, there's bound to be some stuff that you can do fairly easily. Also check out youtube to see if there's any decent vids of people with them tweaked, might give you some idea of what's possible.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts