VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relatively new to this forum and I'd like to introduce myself to you all. Having had an Audi in 1991, I've come to my senses and returned to my roots and bought another (interceded by, Fords, Rovers, Toyotas) I've bought an A4 1.9 tdi Quattro, but it's not without its problems. Got it at the right price so didn't expect mint!!!!!

Slowly getting sorted (finally sorted the 'limp mode' problem out. It wasn't the MAF, not the N75, nor the N18, thanks for the diagnosis Vag Com, a couple of hundered pounds later and much time spent head down a**e up, I found it. It was the actuator, gold old Mr Muscle,, yes it works!!!!)

My problem is I only have one key and as my wife and I car share, (ie, she picks the car up after I've parked it,,,,,, it's complicated!!!) we need another key,,,,, This was not a problem, but the transponder is!!!! Can't find anyone who can clone one, I have a brand new virginal transponder ready in the new key but no one to set it up. Can I use Vag Com to do this,, its a 1998 A4

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Where did you get the new transponder chip? Specs?

Vag com, now called VCDS can set it up if you have the SKC code. However, VCDS cannot get the SKC code for you. I'm not sure what version immobilizer the 1998 Audi used but I'm guessing immo2. See the mk4 VW key FAQ article in the FAQ, it should be the same thing. Any more questions about the vcds procedures, please post in the vcds section under the general forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts