VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here - looks like a great resource... have a mk4 VW Golf GT TDI - 130 (2002)... had a break down last week where the water pump went. :(

So had the car towed to a national garage who replaced the water pump and the timing belt.

Have had a slight ticking noise coming from the car since its been repaired as well as yesterday and today it doesn't start straight away from cold, it turns over then has a very slight pause then starts...

just wondering if they've done the job correctly, as it just doesn't feel right to me...

any ideas on what I can check, or how I can get it checked over, obviously taking it back to the garage they will probably say its fine...

thanks for any input! :)

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Hi fuzed,welcometomyturbodies. Sounds like they probably messed up the timing a bit to me. You might have to just be insistent and don't take any rubbish off them but there's people on here with more knowledge and experince so I'll let them advise you.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seatman, yeah I think it could well be the case, just hoping someone can give me some good advice so I don't get any crap from them, as I parted with alot of cash getting it done, so they will have to do it all again, I don't want to be car less but I would rather have a good car! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts