VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Hi all, pleasure to join you

707 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Keithuk 
#1 ·
I have bought an audi a3 2010 sline black edition on october 2018, about 5 months ago the registration number left bulb come up on the dashboard as a fault, was burned, and them the cigarette lighter wasn't working. About two weeks on friday 13 of March, my husband opened the fuse box next to driver seat and changed fuse number 20 for the lighter and at the same time removed the dead bulb from left registration number plate. The car was drivable the day before, no concerns, as till he has done this he went to start the car, the lights on the dashboard board come on for a few seconds and the car started for a few seconds and them stopped working. From that day no lights on dashboard and the radio is not working. I have called a car electrician which he told me the dash was the problem, i have taken the car to Portsmouth company who deals with diagnosing dashboard, they have told me it is fully working. I have bought bulbs from halford for the rear registration number plate, unfortunately i will have to replace them tomorrow as the lady sold us the wrong ones. My husband has done a test by swapping the right registration number bulb which was good to the one was burned and it did burned the good one. He noticed that the housing where you plug the bulb it is burned. All the inside lights and indicators, hazardous, fan are working, the car starts a few seconds but dies a few seconds, the beginning it wasn't shutting the doors, but now it is, the windows doesn't go up or down.
Kindly and appreciate any help with this issue. I am a health care assistant and do need the car to drive to winchester.
Kind regards TANIA

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Thread moved to the correct section as OP can't read sub forum titles. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.