VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange thing happening, if the outdoor temp is around 0 deg C, the car won't start on first try, I have to keep the key on while it cranks enough cylinders to fire and start. after it has started it runs fine. At -5 or so, I have to try numerous times to get it to go. At -10, there was no signal to crank the starter. My battery is two years old and I replaced the glow plugs with no change. Any clues as to what is going on? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,236 Posts
Welcome back you've already made an intro in 2011.

This is a new forum layout which is owned by a company 6 months ago that doesn't give a dam with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location.

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a poll which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

That isn't an easy question to answer on a forum as we don't know the history of what has been done/tried.

Get the batter and starting system checked out.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't used conditioner as I have never had issues with gelling at these temps. I only experienced that once when it was -30c.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Lots of diesel now days has a percentage of Bio in it. It will gel at a higher temp. Check with the station you get your diesel from? If it has Bio, get it somewhere else or use lots of additive. Just a thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts