VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange thing happening, if the outdoor temp is around 0 deg C, the car won't start on first try, I have to keep the key on while it cranks enough cylinders to fire and start. after it has started it runs fine. At -5 or so, I have to try numerous times to get it to go. At -10, there was no signal to crank the starter. My battery is two years old and I replaced the glow plugs with no change. Any clues as to what is going on? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,072 Posts
Welcome back you've already made an intro in 2011.

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

That isn't an easy question to answer on a forum as we don't know the history of what has been done/tried.

Get the batter and starting system checked out.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't used conditioner as I have never had issues with gelling at these temps. I only experienced that once when it was -30c.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Lots of diesel now days has a percentage of Bio in it. It will gel at a higher temp. Check with the station you get your diesel from? If it has Bio, get it somewhere else or use lots of additive. Just a thought...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts