VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great website. I have an 03 tdi jetta w 290k. started having turbo issues last month. sounds like sticky vanes. anyone else have self braking issues?I had a pin hole in power booster. Brakes would randomly self apply. otherwise what a great car

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Self braking issues? Lol...that would make for an exciting drive! Brake boosters are normally pretty reliable.

Check out the low power and limp mode articles in the FAQ, your solution will probably be in there.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good reason not to tailgate.

If you were driving under 40 mph there was enough vaccum to pull brake pedal to the floor. (at random) Highway speeds you would feel a vibration. The brakes self applying. so after a new set of rear pads and rotors I also replaced the master cylinder thinking that might do it. (and not having tools to pull booster) Well that just helped stop quicker. :D Dealer said they have heard of the problem but its not very common. they wanted to replace both booster and master and gave me a hard time about it but they didn't want to not get paid for a new master cyl so just the booster fixed it. Funny thing was after they did booster turbo issues started popping up. i took it back and they wound up replacing all vac lines. for free. tells you how much they made on the booster replacement. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts