VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all just joined and already major problems turbo's gone bang on new years eve. What a night to remember i had lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo blown

I've had the car for around 2 years now and when i first got it now and again limp mode would be activated, so was sent back to the garage and after 2 days i was gave the car back saying all had been sorted. all was fine till a couple of weeks ago when heading down from scotland limp mode came on a couple of times but then haven't seen it again since.

But then on new years eve i left to travel to my girlfriends house and after spending all morning valeting it, to get less then 5 miles from my parents house and i lost all power and had white smoke pouring out the back.

oh well out with the old (2010) in with the new (2011)

once i got back yesterday i removed all the pipe work and the turbo to fine the turbine shaft to have snapped and the impeller to be abit messed up (will post pics soon). after spliting the turbo apart it looks like the VNT vanes have stuck on full boost since i cant move VNT assembly by hand or even with a screw driver with little pressure.

So this ones now out and waiting the arrival of the replacement. think i'll be giving this one a good clean up before it goes on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts