VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much lost when it comes to cars, but I know the basics lol I can tell you that I love my Jetta & hate to see it sitting there in my driveway...lifeless! 馃様

So..I had gotten a routine oil change & brand new battery the other day & the following day I was driving along & accelerated to pass a car BOOM....my car just dies! I have a full tank of diesel & did nothing out of the ordinary, but now it doesn't start! What could have happened to my car?

Registered
I'm pretty much lost when it comes to cars, but I know the basics lol I can tell you that I love my Jetta & hate to see it sitting there in my driveway...lifeless! 馃様

So..I had gotten a routine oil change & brand new battery the other day & the following day I was driving along & accelerated to pass a car BOOM....my car just dies! I have a full tank of diesel & did nothing out of the ordinary, but now it doesn't start! What could have happened to my car?
What year, will it at least turn over, and if so, no codes light on dash look proper. First guess possibly timing belt. If its a common rail its somewhat easy to unclip upper timing cover to view belt. Maybe move a few hoses out of the way.

Registered
What year, will it at least turn over, and if so, no codes light on dash look proper. First guess possibly timing belt. If its a common rail its somewhat easy to unclip upper timing cover to view belt. Maybe move a few hoses out of the way.
Oh and mileage? If over the 120k miles without known belt change. Might be

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thank you for responding!

2012 w/ 79,000 miles! This car was very well kept & the previous owner who was the one to purchase the car in 2012 had records of everything ever done to this vehicle!

The car would not turn over or even try to turn over! The starter was replaced & that didn't help so off to the repair shop it went they called to tell me the issue was the turbo went out! Would that be a reason for my car not starting? It's being replaced tomorrow

Registered
Hey, thank you for responding!

2012 w/ 79,000 miles! This car was very well kept & the previous owner who was the one to purchase the car in 2012 had records of everything ever done to this vehicle!

The car would not turn over or even try to turn over! The starter was replaced & that didn't help so off to the repair shop it went they called to tell me the issue was the turbo went out! Would that be a reason for my car not starting? It's being replaced tomorrow
Turbo will not keep it from turning over. Second opinion may be a better option. If still no crank or turn over. Sounds like a possibly relay. Electrical issues to me

Registered
Its also been my understanding ignition switch or the immobilizer(anti theft) not certain of the shop your at but , definitely a second opinion

Premium Member
Maybe a main fuse/heater strip popped? Had it happen on an older model Jetta. Might be in underhood fuse block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts