VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been searching for info on the ordering process, and while I have found out quite a bit about the process, I have a couple of questions for those of you in the know.

In order to keep on top of a "placed" order, which is nothing more than a depo put down and a specific request. What should I look for - a "order process number"? And when should I ask about that - not to drive the dealer crazy.

I did ask a dealer when a VIN would be assigned, and they said that does occur and they can let me know once one is given in production.

I was told 12 weeks, and that since I was early in the 2011 production cycle, that dealer allotment was a non-issue. It's just I read some people waited up to 6 months for there 2010 ordered GOLF TDIs.

I ordered: 2011 4dr Golf TDI, with manual trans., sunroof & adaptive lights, in red. Never ordered a car before, but I know what I want this time.

Any tips on what to expect would be nice.

Thanks,
bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 2001 GTI that the dealer was alloted to get.

The dealership (Flemington VW in NJ) prints out a schedule once a week to track where cars are.

The status changes from something like: scheduled for production, in production, manufactured, in transit, at port, released from port, and at the dealer.

I'd check with the salesperson, to see if they do the same thing ... print out a list every week when it is updated by VW. I think it was done on Wednesday, if I recall correctly. The salesperson, a friend, said to call him on Thurdays and he would check the list for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your dealer should be able to give you the commission number for your car as soon as the order is in the system, ie now. If you want more info on the order process, or ask someone with access to the VW systems to check on your order, head to this thread on the vwvortex forum (Sorry to send to somewhere else, but I only know of that place to get in contact with salespersons)

Congratulations on your order!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that link is perfect as it's all well outlined. Now I know what to ask!

thanks,
bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts