VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Help with Mark IV 2000 Golf

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kelly 
#1 ·
Hello everyone my name is Kelly and I purchased a 2000 Mark IV Volkswagon Golf. I have put a new computer in it, a new security alarm computer also which was missing. The key fob is broken, none of the buttons work. When we tryto start the car, it won't turnover and the yellow car lights up on the dash. Took it to a dealership, 200.00 in labor later they tell me they can't program it. I'm not buying what they are selling. Does anybody have any ideas or can point me in the right direction? Also a brand new battery was installed. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Discussion starter · #3 ·
That would seem logical, I agree with you. The dealership stated that it would take approximately 2 more hours in labor to pinpoint where the problem is. They said the computer couldn't be programed even after we supplied them with a new one. Which seems odd to me. I still have both the new and old computers for the vehicle. When the key is inserted into the ignition there is power to the dash, with the yellow car lit, but it won't turnover. In addition, it tries to crank and we can smell gas like it is trying to start. The only other info I can offer is my boyfriend hooked up his diagnostice computer to the car and it registered for a bad crank sensor. The dealership pushed that away stating that a problem with the computer can cause it throw codes that are not relevant. Any ideas?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Ok, still need help. Put new crank sensor in, still won't start. The car cranks, the spark plugs are wet with fuel and there is spark. It still does't start. Any ideas? thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.