VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Newbie here so I apologize in advance.

Today I was driving home after getting some burritos and after going over (slowly, because these are bigger) a speedbump, my alternator warning light came on. I put my car in reverse quickly as I was on an incline and rolled to a flat area. My car seemed to basically go into limp mode. The power steering still worked, but was pretty rough. I threw my car into park and turned it off. I was able to turn it back on (light was gone) and get into a parking spot where I sat for a few minutes and turned it back on. (light was still off) This is the first time this has ever happened. I'm waiting for my brother in law to bring me his voltage meter so I can check the voltage.

I was able to get it home just fine and not in limp mode at all. Anyone have an idea of what's going on? I know it's the alternator light, but it's so odd that I let it sit and it turned back on just fine with no issues and the light was gone.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, I was able to check out the voltage. It was ~12 when off and ~14 while running. I’ve driven since then and it’s been fine. I checked most of the grounds but will be checking the grounds under my battery tray today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts