VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had this problem before. The car always starts fine. Today was a colder day 28 degrees. My TDI Golf 5-speed started fine twice today, but now will start, run for 1 second and shuts off. The immobilizer light flashes constantly.

I have tried the SKC input instructions using the clock/odomometer, but the odometer does not change other than to reset to zero.

I have tried leaving the key in and on for more than 20 minutes... immobilizer light still flashes and car does not start.

I have tried leaving jumper cables from another running vehicle connected to the golf just in case the battery were low (it was recently tested and tested fine, and it has never hinted at being low).

Anything that I can do to at least get it to my local non-dealer VW shop?

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
If you have vcds, check if you have immo2 or immo3. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/immo-2-vw-audi.htm Here are instructions on how to check. I would also monitor the immo chip status in measuring blocks.

Just to confirm, when you said that "immobilizer light still flashes and car does not start" you are still saying that it starts but shuts off after 1 second?

Do you have another key?

Any error code numbers?

Also, post moved to mk4 technical section since it has technical problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. After further reading on your post I tried disconnecting the battery and pressing the brake pedal. Hooked the battery right back up and it now works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts