VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coinsidentally, on my way home from the test drive after doing the .658 5th gear, my clutch grenaded a mile from home. I'm actually very happy it did this on a test drive and not on my way to work on Monday. What is "the" hot clutch upgrade to get for our cars? I will stay away from the OE DMF and aim towards a solid flywheel. I read that the G60 and the VR6 clutch is a good set up. Who sells a kit with these parts? I'll be ordering on Monday. Looks like I have to take those 400 horses via Audi S4 everyday to waork again. Can you hear the toilet flushing my fuel money? LOL!

Thanks for your help,

Jim

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm going to order a VR6/G60 Sachs kit from TDIParts on Monday. This will be a nice upgrade for my commuter car!

Thanks,

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I removed the trans today. The clutch looks perfect, as does the flywheel (from the outside). My trans blew a gear/synchro/ring/something between 1st and 4th. I pulled the gearbox cover to expose 5th gear(s) and everything is perfect. So I have a VR6/G60 flywheel/clutch kit coming; now I need an EGR trans. I ordered a new rear main seal and engine mount bolts. I will be buying something on Monday. I just don't see how this happened while tooling along in 3rd gear through a neighborhood? My luck is unbelievable!

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll chalk this up as just Bad Luck. It was full of fluid. All I can say is that I have no way of knowing the history of how the car was driven the 140,000+ miles before I purchaced it, so who knows....perhaps it was abused and I got the shitty end of the stick. Either way, I'm still under buget with this car.... :)

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dual mass flywheel and clutch I took out were perfectectly servicable. Are these worth anything to anyone? I will give them away for shipping if anyone wants them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.