VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, new here,
I have same cabin vibration on my 2005 passat tdi. Replaced engine mounts with hydraulic ones, got better but still vibrates. Everything else checks out good, out of ideas now.:dunno

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hi, new here,
I have same cabin vibration on my 2005 passat tdi. Replaced engine mounts with hydraulic ones, got better but still vibrates. Everything else checks out good, out of ideas now.:dunno
I'd suggest starting your own thread! Welcome to the forum BTWwelcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I have 2002 Audi A4 1.9TDI AWX engine code and i have the same problem.
Shakes when its work on idle when revet its stop`s .

does anyone figure out the problem yet?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
All,

I have 2002 Audi A4 1.9TDI AWX engine code and i have the same problem.
Shakes when its work on idle when revet its stop`s .

does anyone figure out the problem yet?

Thanks

Everyone seems to attack the motor mounts when they fail to recognize its not engine related at all. It is driveline related. When the car (an automatic) is engaged in gear (reverse or drive) AT IDLE (foot on brake) the car shakes A LOT.

The reason it is noticed in automatics, is that the auto engages the car and we are only holding the brake which means there is torque transmitted to the CV axle and ultimately into the CV joint. If that joint goes bad it will begin to shake those joints. Once you release the brake the car is able to release that shaking into BALANCED motion.

The only way to verify this is to 'safely' put the car in D (foot on brake) idle the car with shaking and then using a lift bring the car up and notice the affect to the CV axles. If possible hold the wheel stationary off the ground and see if you begin to feel the shaking. Touching the CV axle shafts to see if vibrations exist.

Rule it out before throwing money at CVs. Hell, it could be as simple as a MAF or a reprogram and cleaning of the throttle body!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can u e
Hi all, Can some one help with a problem i got with my passat.

I have a passat tdi Pd engine and i having a problem with engine shake, vibration only when idling.

I have no loss of boost power, Cant find any pipe leaks, cars not over smoking and no knocking ticking or any cam wear noise. Just a shaken engine which go if i push on the acceleration just a bit to up the rpm.
I can really feel the shaking from inside the car apart from the gear stick & steering wheel vibrating.

Things i tried are: looking for pipe leaks, looking at engine mounts, (they look fine) cleaning the egr valve, cleaning the maf sensor.

I have also connected a vagcom. no codes recorded and i looked at cam timing which was a little out. so i adjusted but make no difference at all apart from getting a bit more MPG.

Injectors are a little under par but still with in spec.
I don't no what ells it could be? The engine as been well serviced. Fuel filter was change about 1200 miles ago (could it be that) engine oil looks like it could do with a change. That is my next job but i don't think it will help.

I think its the fly wheel as it doesn't get any better if i put the clutch down.
Air com turned off it's still the same.

My friend as a passat same model and his engine doesn't shake vibrate any were near the level my passat does.

any help on what could be the problem.

Thanks
Hi all, Can some one help with a problem i got with my passat.

I have a passat tdi Pd engine and i having a problem with engine shake, vibration only when idling.

I have no loss of boost power, Cant find any pipe leaks, cars not over smoking and no knocking ticking or any cam wear noise. Just a shaken engine which go if i push on the acceleration just a bit to up the rpm.
I can really feel the shaking from inside the car apart from the gear stick & steering wheel vibrating.

Things i tried are: looking for pipe leaks, looking at engine mounts, (they look fine) cleaning the egr valve, cleaning the maf sensor.

I have also connected a vagcom. no codes recorded and i looked at cam timing which was a little out. so i adjusted but make no difference at all apart from getting a bit more MPG.

Injectors are a little under par but still with in spec.
I don't no what ells it could be? The engine as been well serviced. Fuel filter was change about 1200 miles ago (could it be that) engine oil looks like it could do with a change. That is my next job but i don't think it will help.

I think its the fly wheel as it doesn't get any better if i put the clutch down.
Air com turned off it's still the same.

My friend as a passat same model and his engine doesn't shake vibrate any were near the level my passat does.

any help on what could be the problem.

Thanks
Can u explain me! How do u replaced fuel filter? Thank u in advance!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts