VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I know I read a thread somewhere that described a change through VagCom so that the MDI connection would not automatically be picked up when the vehicle is started (basically you would have to press the MEDIA key to connect to the MDI device). Can someone point me to that information?

The problem is that if the phone connects through Bluetooth before the MDI link is established it will cut audio to the MDI device and I have to unplug and replug the MDI device to restore the sound.

I don't have BT audio playing but apparently the BT phone connection connects first, before the MDI, and this confuses the MDI.

I have the 310 Navi system if this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've have a similar issue with the MDI/bluetooth. While i was listening to the ipod via MDI, and would receive a call after hanging up the phone the MDI would stop working and would switch to AUX (nothing plugged into the AUX port) music off the ipod would still play but controls were not available. unplugging/plugging the MDI cable or ipod wouldn't fix it, nor turning on/off the radio, only restarting the car. I've disabled the AUX port in system prefs and now havent had that issue any longer, but i think its a bug in the radio firmware or whatever controls the bluetooth and MDI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts