VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my help links don't connect. what is wrong with my account? i joined in 2011 and have been inactive. the LOOK has changed...but, all the links are the same. they just DON'T WORK!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
The site sold a couple years back and the new owners changed the format this past fall and jacked it all up. They have been saying they are working on it for months. Was there something in particular you were looking for?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so...the admins and members have vaporized? this site was awesome. perfect. helped me solve many problems. currently, i need complete instructions on replacing my ignition switch on my 1998 MK IV ALH beetle....and, if that doesn't fix my wonky intermittent "NO CRANK" problem i'll need to review the starter replacement procedure. is CHITTYCHITTY BANGBANG gone?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Well the admins are the owners of the site and are useless as far as car help. Come to think of it they aren't much help at all. The moderators are still the same but Keithuk is the only active moderator. Yea they took everything of value to this site and wrecked it. They say they will fix it and are working on it but things have really been killed off. I would say things have died off but the truth is the new owners screwed the pooch

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Yea you just have to comb through it all and hope its still there and the photos work

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

This has been talked about many times.

I've made a pole which no one has posted in, there are a few votes and comments.

Do you like the new forum features?

Wiki pages have been restored as of 7th December, I asked where is the link it should be on top of the main forum.

Thread moved to the correct section. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I run into this hyperlink issue on forums, I use a little magic from wayback machine. All you need to do is copy the link and paste it into the wayback machine repository Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Wayback machine has most, if not all the pages of most forums, including the photographs. Once you are into a forum stored on the wayback server, the links surrounding that page will also work because you will virtually be using a time machine seeing the Internet from that given days perspective. Hope this works for you.

·
Administrator
83 Posts
When I run into this hyperlink issue on forums, I use a little magic from wayback machine. All you need to do is copy the link and paste it into the wayback machine repository Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

Wayback machine has most, if not all the pages of most forums, including the photographs. Once you are into a forum stored on the wayback server, the links surrounding that page will also work because you will virtually be using a time machine seeing the Internet from that given days perspective. Hope this works for you.
This is a good temporary fix, we hope to roll out a fix for the wiki soon. This is on the task list for us and I hope to have it done soon.

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
9,327 Posts
Is this what you are talking about, see attached.
These need to be GONE please
I could have sworn I post a reply to this yesterday.

I'll post it again.

I've had these stupid black circles since the new forum owners took over 6 months ago.

These show on IE11 which I always use on any forum. I also have the crap Firefox has a backup browser which as I remember doesn't show these black circles.

I did a fresh install yesterday I haven't installed Firefox yet so I don't know if its the same.

Which web browser are you using?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts