VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 5 of 13 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 TDI/manual that has 10400 miles (95% freeway). My problem is is that I seem to be getting lower and lower mpg then when I first bought it. I drive 50miles (95% freeway) to work and from work 3-4 days a week. From the time I bought the car up to around 9000 miles, I was getting, on average 54-56 mpg according to the MFD (that with the cruse control set around 63mph). I took the car in for its 10000 mile scheduled oil change and ever since then, I am getting 49-51 mpg and I dont understand why? I have filled from the same gas station since I bought my car, I keep the tires inflated at 38 psi and still driving around the same speed. Can anyone give any insight into why this may be happening? Has anyone else experience this? I keep reading that I should be getting "better" mpg because my engine is still "breaking in" but for some reason, I am not.

Please help!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the oil level last night and they did not over fill the car with oil. And chittychitty, I looked on the work order and they used part # G-052-195-1L which is the Castrol SYN. LL03 5/30 (507 00).

You had mentioned something about the winter fuel and I started thinking the same thing but I do not know.

1 - 5 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.