VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and was hoping you might be able to help!

I have a 03 Golf TDi 1.9, I have just changed the fuel filter and the car has developed a major leak from the T piece. I have changed the seals 3 times, new T piece, 3 new filters the car still leaked, I then put all the old bits back on and the car and it is still leaking. I have checked it all and the pipes are all in correctley, I have also got someone else to check it and its all fine. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Wrong filter I think, they can look similar but be slightly off or it might just be badly made.

Also welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

They were definatley the correct filters (got the from VW to be sure), but I surpose its possible that they were from a bad batch - but I don't hold out much hope! Running out of options, will get another new filter in the morning and give that a try!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Sorry I just reread your post about trying 3 new filters so another wont help. Compare your original with one of the new ones and make sure there isn't some little seal or something still in the old one that's missing or anything in the new one that's causing the seals to be doubled up. I do remember though getting a filter for my car that looked right but when you compared them side by side there was a slight difference where the t piece fits in so I had to stick the old one back on in order to go back to the shop and give them grief lol. They take the reg number and everything and still give the wrong part. Even better I went to the seat dealer for a coolant temp sender and they took my reg and chassis number and still managed to give me the wrong part so on that basis I would do some measuring between the old and new filters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts