Super Moderator
9,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Sorry I don't like the interior colour.

Enjoy your stay. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Beautiful ride!

You have the full screen MFD display and the Euroswitch....you probably just call it a switch there :D
welcometomyturbodies
Thank you ;)
I don't understand english very well....:p
What is the Euroswitch?? The tacho euro in sport edition version? I still have to buy the glass with cromed ring (bad english i know but I only know the deutch name of that component (tachofolien, tachoscheiben and tachonadeln :p) as a result of my many many search on ebay.de :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies

Sorry I don't like the interior colour.

Enjoy your stay. ;)
I love it, until 2 years ago i had a 1.6 mk4 with black interior and when i seen this beige interior recaro was love at first sight :)

·
Super Moderator
9,395 Posts
Yes the UK switch is different even though we are in the EEC. We have 6 positions Off, Auto, Side Lamps, Main Lamps, Front Fogs and Rear Fog.

Now I don't know why they have the Auto position the main lights come on automatically when the external light becomes low. If you don't know when you need lights on you shouldn't be driving. Its the same with the auto wipers it just VW techno s**t.

The switch is the wrong way about because you have to have the front fogs on before you can switch the rear fog on it should be the other way around. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
I understand thank you ;) But your switch is different??
I want to buy the polo 2009 switch but it costs about 60 euro :eek
Yes, the North American switches only have on and off, and foglight if equipped.

There has never been an auto position, coming home position, DRL, or parking light position on a TDI Jetta or Golf except for the 2005.5 Jetta. Some higher end gas models had the switch, like the Touareg or Phaeton.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes the UK switch is different even though we are in the EEC. We have 6 positions Off, Auto, Side Lamps, Main Lamps, Front Fogs and Rear Fog.

Now I don't know why they have the Auto position the main lights come on automatically when the external light becomes low. If you don't know when you need lights on you shouldn't be driving. Its the same with the auto wipers it just VW techno s**t.

The switch is the wrong way about because you have to have the front fogs on before you can switch the rear fog on it should be the other way around. ;)
Ah Ah you're right :D LOL

Yes, the North American switches only have on and off, and foglight if equipped.

There has never been an auto position, coming home position, DRL, or parking light position on a TDI Jetta or Golf except for the 2005.5 Jetta. Some higher end gas models had the switch, like the Touareg or Phaeton.
Unfortunately for mk4 there still wasn't the coming/living home feature!
How do you call the small front 5 Watts lights? Position lights?
Here in Italy the US bumper is more more wanted :) Also the USA taillight, they're beautiful, I hate my fumè taillights!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts