VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Came across your forum while looking for information on my daughter's VW that I was 'volunteered' to fix. Greatly impressed with the quality of forum discussions and information. Plan to do a timing belt change on my own Audi A4 2.0TDi shortly and looking forward to seeking your help and assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2005 passat tdi timing belt

I replaced my timing belt and water pump, went by the instructions used tools to lock camshaft and crankshaft, all went well, started car and am now unable to acheive power, runs rough at about 2000 rpm's, idles fine. help

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Put the engine back at TDC and check all the timing marks. Make sure the timing belt tension is good. It's normal for the pointer to move a little bit so don't freak out if it's not in the window on a warm engine.

Check the intake hoses. It's common for them to pop off if you didn't clip them in all the way. In fact, this does sound like your problem because it idles OK and runs rough at around 2000 rpm. Does the engine buck and stutter? Please let us know if it that's the problem or if you need more help, good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was it, one of seals on the intercooler pipe had rolled back, took it apart and back together, and the car runs great, thanks for the help:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timing Belt Change Audi A4 2.0TDI

Thanks for the link ccbb. It still amazes me that folks take the time and effort to put articles like this up - really top notch information and a great help. The engine code for my Audi is BLB.

I love the A4. A great driving car and the Avant gives me loads of room for my stuff. I've had it for just over a year now and plan to hold onto it. On a different subject I've been thinking about getting some VCDS diagnostic software - any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts