VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2010 Jetta TDI in December. I love the fuel efficiency and technology. Took my first highway trip a few week ago to Ocean City MD. Got about 44 mpg. It will cost me about $11.50 in fuel to drive there. My other trip auto is a 1997 Chevy Suburban at about 16 mpg, so this is a real benefit.

My other driver is an 1998 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 with 160,000 miles. Starting to get the gremlins with the Audi. Just replace the spark plugs, spark plug wire to track down a random misfire problem on #3 and #6. This did not solve the problem. I ordered an ignition coil to further work through the problem. If this doesn't work it will be time to work on the fuel injectors. Anyway, I needed a reliable ride. Hopefully, the TDI does the trick.

I'll be checking your forums and FAQ frequently. Keep up the good work.

John
Silver Spring, MD

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I have had my 05 Jetta TDI sedan for over 2 years and I love the milage. I get 45 MPG on all long trips. I just bought a 05 Jetta TDI wagon and am trying to sell my sedan.

05 Jetta TDI sedan has had problems with the enging going into low power mode when driveing on the highway. It also has a error on start-up saying the turbo control set point is low. Want to fix these issues prior to sale. Thanks

Chris Williston VT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, I am new here (my first post), and I purchased a 2004 VW Passat TDI 2.0 liter diesel. It was the only diesel passat they had all year. It had been a great car since we purchased it up until a few days ago. I am a DIY'r, and I always take great care of my vehicles and perform maintenance regularly as VW requires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts