VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2011 Golf TDi 4-door automatic and found this site through chittychittybangbang's posts on another forum (great site you have here chitty btw).

I'm wrestling with the RNS 510 retrofit for my Golf. I currently have an RCD 510 and have only read about retrofitting the 315 with the RNS 510 (I would have had to wait 3 months to get the RNS 315).

Anyway, enough of my whining. I hope to read some cool stuff here - and also get some advice on exhaust systems (if there are any good ones out there) for the Golf.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Welcome, thanks for joining!

The RNS510 VW GPS retrofit is exactly the same as retrofitting the RNS315 GPS system. Just stick the GPS antenna under the dashboard. The radio cables are plug play, just disable the existing compass module so that the computer doesn't see 2 compasses.

welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Hello Chitty
newbie here
I wonder if you have suggestion where to buy GPS antenna for either RNS-315 or RNS-510 ?

Thank you
Ebay. They're really cheap. Just stick it under the center air vent or behind the radio under the dashboard. The signal isn't as good as if you stuck it on the roof but it's good enough and no worry about running the wiring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts