VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have been looking over this site and the amount of available information is amazing!

I just purchased a 2005 Jetta TDI A5 with the BRM engine. I was planning on converting it to rin on WVO, but I guess I should have done a bit more homework before I bought. From what I am seeing, it's not a good idea to run WVO in a PD TDI? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
It can be done but these engines are designed to run on diesel. WVO is thicker, even when heated, and there are other complications like water, contamination, buildup in the engine, that can cause problems. It'll work but your experience and longevity may vary. No I haven't done it because it was too much trouble in the end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I have been looking over this site and the amount of available information is amazing!

I just purchased a 2005 Jetta TDI A5 with the BRM engine. I was planning on converting it to rin on WVO, but I guess I should have done a bit more homework before I bought. From what I am seeing, it's not a good idea to run WVO in a PD TDI? Is this correct?

Does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad)?

Thanks!
Hi Haas!

I'm new here too.

Us BRM guys need to stick together google it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts