VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Im from the Mk6 Golf forum. I was invited over by Keithuk after we were pm'ing about vcds. I dont have a TDI; I have a 2010 GTI pretty heavily modified but im in for all things VW as ive previously owned several. I dont know much about turbo diesel so im excited to learn and compare to the TSI.

Im really trying to learn vag-com...er....vcds (gotta break that). I spent that big wad on a micro can interface and im afraid to alter anything b/c sofware isnt exactly noob friendly. So i hear there are good resources over here for that. I already DL'd Keithuk's OEBD II fault code software and that looks to be very useful.

So thats it.......ttys.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Yeh I think there is a section round here somewhere but I'm not sure where lol but others will, in the meantime though welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
As long as you just do check boxes (documented settings) it's pretty much impossible to mess up the long coding with mods.

Take a look at the mk6 faq, there is a list of VCDS modes there.

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Welcome to the forum Paul. welcometomyturbodies

The Ross Tech VCDS forum is a bit hidden its in the General Diesel Discussion section as you may have found. You can read various problems, trick, tips and my own tweaks. We are all friendly on here and we like to help out as much as we can.

Now you've made your first post in intros you will be able to see the other hidden sections.

I will see you around here?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts