VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another tdi enthusiast come to join your ranks and glean from the multitude of information here, and to hopefully contribute some in the meantime.

I have a 2003 Jetta 5spd, nothing different on it than when I got it from FREMA VW of Goldsboro back in April of 2003. (except the typical maintenance replacements of course, and a new tensioner that I just installed this past Friday.)

But I've got a projects list several notepad pages long and I look forward to using this forum and others to help finish them correctly and precisely.

I'm soon going to be getting VAGCOM/VCDS and I'd be happy to help with others in the area. I'm in between Jacksonville and Morehead City, North Carolina.

Slainte!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha.. I did get the new tensioner, that same day, as dayco was selling one through a local place down here for a bit less than online, and no waiting.

I just decided that I may as well get the new tensioner. I convinced myself the 70 dollars it cost for a new tensioner was not a large enough number to risk running without a damper, even if the risk was minute.

Anyway, it was an easy job; the hardest part being in the reassembly of the IC pipe that leads to the EGR. That retaining clip at the IC was a terrible pain, mostly because my pliers were inadequate for the job and the clip kept snapping out and nicking my fingers. Other than a little stinging pain, the job was great fun, a great success, and quite a confidence builder for someone who was a bit leery about messing with belts for the first time.

I've found that the only thing holding me back from not doing more with my car is not my inability to do the jobs, but my worry over whether I will get halfway through it and find I can't finish.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Just find someone who can come along to help then they can keep you right if you get stuck and also get some tools lol, they really make a difference to the job.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts