VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm the new guy.. at least to this forum, and from what I see I like it! I bought after much to do a brand new 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, a very difficult job seeing as ya just can't find the one (or any) thats outfitted the way you wanted it. I did come very close and BOY do I like it! Mine is black on black with the big roof windows all tinted and a 6 speed manual, how can you NOT like it? I have owned well over 100 cars and this is my very favorite, the fit and finish is superb I have the feeling of "being home" when I sit down in this automobile. Driving this car is awesome, the sound system is great, the seats embrace you, I love the interior and the interior lighting not to forget the rear storage area its well thought out and far superior to the others in it class. I could go on and on...I just now have only 4000 miles on the meter and I have had only one problem, which brings me to one more superior item on the car...Brakes! They work really well, just ask the moron driving the Honda Goldwing the made a lefthand turn in front of me from the oncoming lane. Lucky for hime my reactions are good, I missed him and only hit his front end.
Good thing was he was not hurt bad thing was I had $1600.00 in damages to the bumper cover and braces under..... I was glad he wasn't hurt but I still wanted to choke him, you get the picture. So after a very long long procedure I was put in a very substandard choke choke fleet vehicle from a rental car agency....Yeeeuck.. Enough of my tale I finnaly have my car back!

·
Super Moderator
9,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum. welcometomyturbodies
I have owned well over 100 cars and this is my very favorite,
So you don't keep your cars for long, how old are you if you don't mine me asking? If this one is that good are you keeping it for longer? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure I am 60 years old, I have been a hot rodder since 15 back when you could buy GOOD iron for a couple hundred bucks. My first car was a 54 Chev convertible and at 16 I built a 53 Ford Mainliner with a 312 police interceptor engine and a 3 speed overdrive. I sometimes (even now) had 3 or 4 cars at once in various stages of builds with model A fords being one of my favorites, I still love old Fords and I at this moment I have a 30 Ford roadster on deuce rails that I built with a small block Chev and a 31 Ford Coupe on deuce rails with a Ford Y block with tri power and a 3 speed over drive that is in construction. Some I buy and flip and some stay until somebody shows enough money to pry them from my grasp.. Whats your story?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very coool ride! exactly what is that anyways?
welcometomyturbodies
That is a 1930 Ford roadster body that I mounted on a 1932 Ford frame that I bobbed in the rear, I built this to be a reliable driver which it is. It has a 350 Chevrolet engine with aprox 300 horses along with a turbo 400 transmission and a 9" posi Ford rear end. I installed a 40 Ford Dash with leather heated rolled and pleated seats along with a huge BTU pumping heater ( I like comfort). It will turn 12 seconds in the 1/4...:panic:

·
Registered
1 Posts
cool site

thank goodness i found this site i have a 2005.5 jetta it is only car i have, have a couple of trucks. my background is racing have been a sprint car owner for 20 years now, i thought putting a timing belt on the jetta would be easy, boy was i wrong am pretty good mechanic but goodness a little more involved than lining up dots. the how to remove belt on 2005.5 jetta is very helpful now i am hopeing i get to see how to put it back on. thanks
jamie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry the second photo is NOT me its a friends he is running a hillborn alcohol injected big block chev,
I have a Tuttle chassis 220" with a small block Chev and a glide that ran high 8's in the 1/4

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your hot rod is so cool I'm sick with envy :pukerofl

The dragsters look a bit scary. Are they not a bit .....emmm......dangerous :panic: for someone on the wrong side of 20 :bowdown

1 - 14 of 14 Posts