VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I've been driving my '06 Jetta TDI for almost 5 years now, just hot 102K. This is my first TDI and I don't think I'll ever go back to gasoline again! I've been typically getting around 45mpg in mixed 40/60 (highway/city) driving and actually had a high of 52.5 on one trip to Oklahoma last year.

I do all my own maintainance and upkeep and have just started looking into doing some mods. Thinking about updating headlights, taillights, and the headlight switch. Also thinking about working the chip over but mot sure yet. I will be going to a different injectors soon, I get a great discount through work.

I'm about to tackle the timing belt job for the first time, gathering parts, tools, info, ect. Found a really good descriptive How-To in here! But I still think I'm going to buy the service manual for it.

Later all.....

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I think you'll find the writeup here much more detailed than the Bentley manual but like the disclaimer says, you have to buy the manual and follow the instructions there ;)

There are writeups on how to replace that stuff, I never replaced the taillights because the LED taillights are expensive, require running another wire and due to the length I didn't want to do it, and I couldn't see them while driving. I did replace the headlights with OEM HID but you need a highline CECM to take full advantage of them. Otherwise aftermarket projectors with a cheap HID kit work just as well.
welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts