VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting here but appreciated the good info before. I have had a few TDI's in the past; now have a 2002 auto and a 2006 manual - both Jetta's.

Planning on replacing the TB in the '06 soon (thanks for the great write-up!). Will be replacing the front outer CV boots in the next week or so; just noticed they are both split at the small clip. Any way to tell if the joints are shot? There is no sound when turning.

A new problem is with the remote. Lock works but not unlock; trunk unlock works. Manual says it can get out of sync by repeated button pressing when out-of-range. Resync requires 2 keys; we have only 1. Any trick to resync without a new expensive key? I read the other related posts.

Thanks again for the massive amount of info here!

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I'll have to see what answers you get regarding the remote locking but in the meantime welcometomyturbodies

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The joints are probably OK if it's just a split. I would clean and repack the grease though. I would not buy cheap replacement axles because the VW axles are pretty precise and balanced if in good shape.

I'm not sure what the manual says but if you have a VCDS tool you might be able to do it....but I have never heard of this problem so I'm not sure if VCDS has that capability. You could post that question in the VCDS section under the geneeral forum.

·
Registered
118 Posts
First time posting here but appreciated the good info before. I have had a few TDI's in the past; now have a 2002 auto and a 2006 manual - both Jetta's.

Planning on replacing the TB in the '06 soon (thanks for the great write-up!). Will be replacing the front outer CV boots in the next week or so; just noticed they are both split at the small clip. Any way to tell if the joints are shot? There is no sound when turning.

A new problem is with the remote. Lock works but not unlock; trunk unlock works. Manual says it can get out of sync by repeated button pressing when out-of-range. Resync requires 2 keys; we have only 1. Any trick to resync without a new expensive key? I read the other related posts.

Thanks again for the massive amount of info here!

Tom
If there's no sound than I would reuse them. No idea about the remote. That is too funny, maybe one of the inside buttons is being held down?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Remote problem solved

I was checking the TDIclub forum for answers also and came across something similar for a mkiv vehicle.

Separated the key section from the buttons (as if replacing the battery). Split apart the remote half; pressed both lock & unlock buttons at the same time. Put it back together and it works fine! Not sure if the pressing of the buttons is critical or not. With the battery off from the buttons it maybe would just drain any residual voltage. If it happens again I'll just try it without pressing the buttons. Or I could try pressing the buttons when out-of-range to recreate the original problem.

Hope this can help someone else.

And thanks for the CV joint input. That was my feeling too since there was no sound. I plan on cleaning the joint and repacking the grease.

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
I'm sure there was something on the Seat forum I go on over here about the remote, I'll have a look because mine is being a bit of a git at the mo, press, press, press, and there it goes. I've put in new batteries and I can lock it from a good distance (further if I touch the fob to my head:confused:) and unlock it too but it just messes about other times.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts