VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am brand new to the TDI world :thumbsup. Just picked up the last 2010 Jetta Sportwagon TDI the dealer had on their lot this past weekend.
So far I am really enjoying it. Never had a vehicle with this kind of fuel range and with all the highway miles I put on that will be real handy.

Sure is a lot nicer than my first car. A 74 Super Beetle chopped rear with flat bed truck kit and a 1940 Ford hood on the front for the trunk lid. It looked like the offspring of the ZZ Top Car and a VW truck. It did get me a lot of looks. Especially from people passing me everytime I was wrenching on it along side the road. Good first car, I learned a lot and did it all the hard way.

I am currently living about an hour south and a bit east of Omaha NE. The wifes job moved us down here. I have the pleasure of working from home but with regular monthly trips to Madison WI. Originally from Coleman WI which is an hour directly north of Green Bay. Lived in Madison, Milwaukee and Seattle to name a few. The Pacific NW and WI are my two favorites. Both have a ton of outdoor things to do, lots of water and forest. I miss the mountains and trees as well as a lot of other things living were we are now. The wife and I think we may look for something in WA and OR again. We really loved it out there.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pics of the Super Beetle? That sounds like a blast, I hope your Sportwagen will be more reliable since you can't do much with a wrench except take out your anger on the windshield!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts