VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum. I purchased a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I had some minor modifications done to it as it is limited. I did purchase the BANKS Exhaust System for the Jetta Sportwagen and also replaced the air filter with a K&N. Noticeable torque, response and power. My question is... Since the introduction of the DPF and all the regeneration requirements, would the new banks hi flow exhaust cause premature clogging of the DPF?

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
No, it makes do difference in emissions or exhaust because the DPF is upstream. I'm assuming that it's a street legal exhaust.

Be careful with the K&N as VW MAFs have proven to be sensitive to contamination associated with high flow air filters. If you really want to wake up the car, try chip tuning. There are a number of tuners out there for the new diesels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to chip tune however, there aren't any at this time since my JSW is new. According to one of the chip tuner folks. The mapping have changed from 2010 to 2011. As for the K&N I am using the cartridge and same stock housing.... Basically just the filter element. As for the exhaust I got it from Banks since I live less than a mile from them. I am really reluctant doing anything since I have the DPF... If I didn't have it then I would go all the way with waking this awesome machine!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I know the mapping changed from 2009-2010, wasn't aware of any changes from 2010-2011. Try Revo, rocketchip.com, or malonetuning.com, to the best of my knowledge they have tuned a few 2010s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did talk with Revo.. As a matter of fact I did go to South Orange County and when they looked at the ECU they ran the numbers and no luck at that point. So I put my name to be contacted as soon as they have something for me.

I do have another inquiry.. For the 2011 JSW I am looking around for body kits for it and I have yet to find something. I do know that the interior is longer on the backseat but not quite sure of the exterior of the car. Also, I wanted to install fog lights on it and I am reluctant to get anything since there isn't anything specific for the JSW.. I think I can get the kit from E-bay but the problem I have is.. Are there wires already fitted? I can get a switch and the actual fog light and grille. I just don't want to start doing the Mickey Mouse installation... I wanted to make it as such that it look like it came stock from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
The wiring isn't there. The easiest way is to use a relay harness with the headlight switch. The harder way is to remove the central electric control module and replace your midline w/highline module like from a Golf w/highline module. Then you can install a retrofit wiring harness and it'll work like OEM. IMHO, if you just want foglights, not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chitty! I'll figure something out. By the way, I replaced the OEM 194 clear bulb on my headlight with an amber one. The warning light came on. Not sure why... It is the same bulb. Any suggestion on that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts