VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered to this forum in order to read other people experiences with the BMN 2.0 Piezo PD engines.
I drive a 2008 Skoda Octavia VRS TDI and i'm getting more and more concerned with the failing injectors problem specific to the Siemens equiped diesels.

My car has 65.000 km at the moment and it's out of waranty for over a year.
As soon as i get hold on some money i will get a DPF off and a remap (more reason to worry about the injectors :) )

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
We haven't had problems with the injectors failing here. Our PD injectors only were solenoid injectors not Piezo PD injectors. What kind of problems are they having?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They seem to fail after a while. It coul happen at 20.000 km or at 200.000 but it seems their time will come eventually :)
The major problem is that if they go bad the engine stops and the ecu doesen't alow it to start until you remove the bad injector.
If it would happen while you ware overtaking another car it's easy to imagine how this could be a major problem. :(

The engine that manifest the stated problems are BKD, BKP 140 HP versions and the BMN and BMR in the 170 HP version. They are all equiped with Siemens Piezoelectric Injectors.

·
Premium Member
5,942 Posts
Maybe you could try some of the good and trusted vendors for some better proven injectors, I don't know what's available for your car but might be worth looking into, I know for the older engines like mine there's Bosio nozzles and Titan ones but I don't know about the pd engines and their injectors or how they work and wether you get better aftermarket ones.:)

welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as i know the ECU doesen't work with solenoid injectors, so if I could phisicaly fit an older other model (don't know if they will fit as they hava a different shape) i would have to change the ECU too.
All this seems a little to complicated. Let's hope nothing will go wrong with mine in the future because one injector is about 1000 euros at the dealer from what i hear :)
I'm woried about this because soon i will be going the DPF off route and the car will have over 220 HP and 450 NM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts