VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, there are two years since I drive a TDI car. It is a 2003 Audi A4/B6, with a 1.9 AVF pumpe duse engine of 130 hp and 180,000 Km (about 112000 mi). Generally I am happy with my car but I have some mention to do:
- It took a lot of time for engine to get warm;
- When the engine is warm and idle it shake once or twice every 10-15 sec.;
- When I clutch and some time when I also declutch a little bit faster, can be heard a noise like a hammer in a fry pan (usually in 1st and 2nd gear)
- After a VAG com scan I get at module 15 Airbag “Excessive Comm Errors”

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
TDI do take a long time to get warm, maybe even 15 minutes if it's very cold. Some PD engines have a rough idle like that, it's probably related to the flywheel or the EGR metering.

Not sure the frying pan hammer noise. Do you mean shifting and driving or while sitting at idle?

Clear the airbag faults and see if they come back. It could be as simple as a rubbing wire on the airbag harness or ground. If the airbag light on the dashboard is not on, the airbag system is working.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! During driving if I clutch little faster after I sift the gear I hear that noise. Some time, when I move the car a few meters when I push the clutch pedal intending to stop the car, I hear the noise too.
Regarding the air bags I tried to erase the error few weeks ago but it says “Excessive Comm Errors” and do not erase it. I will try once more next days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts