VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Kerry from La Junta, Colorado. I bought a 96 Passat TDI about 5 years ago and have been so happy with this car that I would like to make it last forever. It had about 75,000 miles when I bought it and now has about 150,000. I made my own biodiesel and ran it in the car and in my bus motorhome and in my homemade diesel motorcycle for several years but am not making biodiesel at this time.

I have replaced a window regulator in the car, the instrument panel, and a timing belt. Two weeks ago the new timing belt came off (it only had 29,000 miles) and, of course, that ruined my cylinder head. I had a new head installed for $2500 dollars. I was pretty upset when the belt broke and my head was ruined but I borrowed a friend's car and, after paying for gas in that gas hog for a week, I was really happy to get my TDI back and would like to keep it forever. My fuel mileage has ranged from 37mpg (pulling a trailer) to 50mpg (I guess I had a tailwind).

I'm not on my computer every day but I hope to learn to use this forum and hope to use it correctly. I'm glad to meet all of you and am looking forward to hearing from you. Please let me know if I am posting incorrectly. I'm not very experienced at this.

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Argh, yes, the window regulators are a sore point. Oh well, the next gen ones are even worse, the early ones failed in the down position without warning.

PS, I can change your user name since it sounds like it might be an email address, send a PM (click on my user name and another menu shows up). Spam bots pick up stuff like that and it can increase your spam.welcometomyturbodies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts