VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bought an 05.5 Jetta TDI this spring and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I have a 90 mile per day commute and was driving an 05 Legacy GT which at best averaged 22mpg. I decided to make a change but was reluctant to give up too much fun; therefore, diesel was the obvious answer with low end torque and turbo noises! In 15k miles of ownership I've done routine fluid/filter changes along with a new AC system (compressor, condenser, expansion valve), strut assembly, and engine mounts. I have a new borg-warner turbo waiting to go in. I average now about 41mpg (calculated) and have found VW engineering to be both impeccable and frustrating. I've utilized the Wiki along with the MyTurboDiesel videos on many occasions to figure out the ins and outs of working on this German beaut. I look forward to being a more active member by sharing my experiences and piping in when I see it necessary. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own. ;)

This is a new forum layout with loads of bugs which have been reported in the new thread. There is no TDI Wiki at the moment or or original similes. It doesn't show the car spec/location or signature properly either

We Are Live - Community Feedback

1 - 2 of 2 Posts