VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

Hello from Louisiana

861 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Seatman 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2001 golf TDI. I have not picked the car up as of yet. The car currently does not run. The ECU failed while the car was on a fairly long trip. The Car currently has 120,000 miles. The Used car dealer ship installed a new ECU. The car currently starts then dies out. I bought the car for a pretty good price. I have been researching the Immobilizer problems. I think I can repair the car if I purchase the VAG-COM from Ross-Tech. I will pick-up the car next week. I will buy the Ross-Tech cable/software once I have Title in hand. I will seek some advice from some other threads about any PM maintance I can do once I get the car home.
Thanks Brad

#3 ·
Thanks

I've been reading tons of information in the FAQ pages as well as some info from Diesel geeks. I'll know where I need to focus once the car gets home. I work offshore, gulf of mexico and that's where I'm currently stuck until next week when I will pick up the car. But it gives me plenty of time to study up on the TDI's. This will be my first VW and a project. I have had and still do have a diesel truck.
Regards Brad

#4 ·
Picked up the golf

I picked up my car yesterday, The car was sold to me with an ECU replaced and IMMO problems. I had read most of the FAQ's, So I put the OEM, ECU back in the golf and installed a new 109 relay. Car started , I was shocked. I bought the car for a song with 121,??? miles. Thanks for this site, It made getting this car going seem like child's play. I have a check engine light lite up. I will recieve my Ross tech cable March,1. Car may be in limp mode. I'll know more once I troubleshoot. This i my first TDI. I think I'm here to stay.
Thanks for making this site such a wonderful tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.