VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new user. My car is a 2002 Jetta TDI that I've owned since new. It currently has 275,000 miles and I'm approaching my 3rd TB change. I've decided to do some simple modifications as part of my normal upkeep. I'm going to change the clutch and injector nozzles which are still original. I'm thinking of a DC stage 1 single mass clutch and a set of T-4 nozzles. If this goes well I may also do a 5th gear change at some point. Milleage is very important to me as I drive 130 miles (all highway) each day. Any comments on my plans?
Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Sounds good. I would also go with a chip since you're getting a new clutch anyways. FYI, some people say their mpg went up with a chip or tune and in theory it might. I've always had mpg go down after power mods. Even if it does go down 2 mpg, you'll enjoy the car a lot more.
welcometomyturbodies

·
Registered
15 Posts
all that sounds good a set of fresh nozzles is definitely due on your car be sure to get them pop tested and balanced. A chip tune will help you take advantage of that extra fuel. I would also check the turbo for wear at your mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts