VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just took delivery yesterday, delighted with the car!

I've been driving a 99 Audi A4 quattro since buying it new, and the latest Jetta is definitely on par in terms of build and features. The Jetta will be primarily for my wife (it's the ideal kid mobile), but I'll be the one keeping up on maintenance and stuff like that.

I've been very active over the years on AudiWorld.com and more recently on QuattroWorld.com, and I was excited to find this forum dedicated to cars with the TDI powerplant. The other forums have been immensely helpful with the A4, and it's always nice to be able to help out others with their questions. I'm a total noob when it comes to TDI, but hopefully I'll come to understand it as well as I've come to understand the 30V V6.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to fun times with the TDI!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
I had a 97 A4 quattro and I agree to build quality is similar but I still like the interior design better on the Audi. It also had all red interior lighting. This is better for night vision than white/red or the blue/red lighting on VWs. And of course, there are no TDI 4motions (that aren't SUVs) or I would say that the VWs would be perfect. Living in the NE, sometimes you have to be somewhere and the roads aren't cleared - AWD really does help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As nice as the TDI is, I still love my A4! There's just something about the way it drives and the interior styling that are hard to beat, even after 11 years and 89,000 miles.

It'll be interesting to see how the TDI does in the snow with all-season tires, FWD and traction control versus the A4 with 4WD and Dunlop Wintersports. I suspect the TDI will be more predictable and stable, but the A4 will have the edge in really tough conditions... and still be more fun. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts