VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My wife and I just got a 2010 Spotwagen TDI, and it is a great car. We got 31.7 mpg on the first tankful. I look forward to better mileage once the motor breaks in. I've driven a lot of TDIs in Europe, and really came to appreciate them. This site has a lot of great info., and I look forward to postnig and reading here.

Question: Which is the correct forum for the 2010 sportwagen TDI? Both the MK5 and MK6 claim it! I realize from the info. on this site that is somewhat of a cross-over.

VW MK6 TDI (32 Viewing)
VW Golf, GSW/JSW wagon TDI 2010+ and VW Jetta 2011+

VW MK5 and Audi A3 TDI (17 Viewing)
VW Jetta sedan, Sportwagen TDI, 2005.5-2010 and Audi A3 TDI 2010-2011

Thanx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Does anyone know? VW calls it a mk6 because of the look but it's built off the mk5 chassis which is only used in the JSW and mk5 Jetta. For 2011, the mk6 Golf and mk6 Jetta have their own chassis. What TDI did you have the pleasure of getting to see in Europe? They get all the good stuff.

·
Super Moderator
9,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum John.

We got 31.7 mpg on the first tankful. I look forward to better mileage once the motor breaks in.

Question: Which is the correct forum for the 2010 sportwagen TDI? Both the MK5 and MK6 claim it! I realize from the info. on this site that is somewhat of a cross-over.
That seems a bit steep, my first fullup was 42.3mpg and I do 70% local commuting.

As regards the correct forum I wouldn't have thought it would make a big difference between Mk6 and Mk6 if they are using the same TDI engine. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,902 Posts
Correct. The late mk5-mk6 generations have a lot of body, engine, and transmission overlap. This includes the new 2010 Golf and 2011 Jetta. The 2010 wagon can be posted in either forum. Just for organization, the 2011 wagons should be posted in the mk6 forum.

Oh, and
:needpics:
Let's see your joy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What TDI did you have the pleasure of getting to see in Europe? They get all the good stuff.
I am not sure they were all TDIs, but they were what I refer to as Euro diesels. These include Renaults (Laguna and one of their larger sedans), Puegot (460 and 360), Audi (A4 I think), Opels, once a BMW (larger station wagon around 2000), Alpha Romeo, a little Toyota (Corolla I think- maybe this is not a Euro diesel, but I am pretty sure it was a diesel), plus a few others, and I remember the Ford Mondeo diesel from 10+ years ago! I have driven a few gasoline engines, too, but most of the rentals I have gotten are diesel. My last rental (2008) was a Mercedes Kompressor 1.8 (gas). This was a pretty peppy 4 banger!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum John.

That seems a bit steep, my first fullup was 42.3mpg and I do 70% local commuting.
I was a bit disappointed, too. I am not sure it was 100% full when we got the car. The salesman went and filled it, and the needle was on full, but a gallon or two would make a big difference. Also, I just filled it myself until the auto shut-off cliked. I am not sure how accurate this is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct. The late mk5-mk6 generations have a lot of body, engine, and transmission overlap. This includes the new 2010 Golf and 2011 Jetta. The 2010 wagon can be posted in either forum. Just for organization, the 2011 wagons should be posted in the mk6 forum.

Oh, and
:needpics:
Let's see your joy!
Thanks ccbb! I got the subtle message about pics :) . I'll try and post some soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts