VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I joined some time ago and became a 'premium member' when it meant something before the new owners decided not to honor that and changed the format and rearranged everything. I'm not sure if I ever posted an initial message, but have been gleaning information all the while, I essentially joined to follow on particular member (Chitty Chitty) who had been posting things on YouTube and then a few months later, I took my 2005 Passat TDI to him to replace the automatic transmission that had died at approximately 200K with a manual. (I have been very very satisfied since) . Later, I gathered my druthers enough to replace all wheel bearings, refresh the suspension with new shocks and struts, lower control arms that were shot and bushings that needed to be changed. Following that, with this site I've also been able to complete the Balance shaft delete (again, worth it) and after inspection, determined I side-stepped a time-bomb waiting to go off. So ,hello and hat's off to all you senior contributors. You've helped me keep my money away from the stealership near me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts