VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of 4 16" wheels and Michelin Primacy MXV4 205/60/16 tires from TireRack.
I also decided to order,and have them install the valve sensors, for the Hella 400c TPMS retrofit system. I have heard only good things about this TPMS, so I am pretty excited that my wife will now be able to check her tire pressures every time she gets in the car instead of manually once a month or less!!

The Hella TPMS can be hardwired into the dash. I plan on installing close to the ashtray/lighter that is front of the Tiptronic gear selector. Can anyone tell me what specific wires I could tap into to get BOTH one always on and one Ignition only on voltage source for the TPMS??

TIA!

·
Premium Member
23,902 Posts
Not sure but a voltmeter could quickly tell you. Make sure to check it 5 minutes after the doors have last shut just in case there's some module that is still on and giving you 2 live wires. If you test it out, please post a follow up.

When I retrofitted power seats to my car I just tapped the center console's rear cig lighter for constant power. I'm not sure which is switched power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure but a voltmeter could quickly tell you. Make sure to check it 5 minutes after the doors have last shut just in case there's some module that is still on and giving you 2 live wires. If you test it out, please post a follow up.

When I retrofitted power seats to my car I just tapped the center console's rear cig lighter for constant power. I'm not sure which is switched power.
OK..I'll certainly post a follow up, maybe even take pics and write about the install.

Curious though if you know whether the front ashtray/cig lighter is constant power or switched power??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts