VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze Diesel forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unable to find any owners manual info regarding the operation of heated windshield washer nozzles on our 2010 Golf (Blue Graphite, manual, sunroof, Xenon, CWP, Dynaudio, Bluetooth), so posed the question to this forum, which didn't produce any answers either. I e-mailed the dealership and much to my surprise I received a prompt phone call w/ what appears to be the answer to my question. So for anyone who cares to know, the windshield washer heated nozzles are controlled by the side view mirror heating switch; on our car it is integrated w/ the power mirror control on the driver's door. Heat your mirrors and you defrost the washer nozzles. The rear washer nozzle is heated when the rear window defogger is turned on.

Just a small thing but glad I asked the question. BTW, the dealer is Dorschel VW in Rochester, NY--we got a heck of a deal for a TDI (several hundred $ under MSRP) and they have been great so far. You can eat off the floor in the service bays, which isn't necessarily an indication of service quality, but my German mother would approve!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts